Thursday, March 31, 2016

When God Made You



"Mommy, how did we come to be?"

"Well God made you, and God made me.
He made the stars
and He made the moon
and He made me
and He made you.
He made us each as He wanted us to be,
When God made you, and God made me."

"But Mommy, why is my sister different than me?"

"Well your sister is still like you and me,
created fearfully and wonderfully."

"But why is her lip and nose not right?"

"It's just how He made her to breathe at night.
And even though right now she can't speak
she can still use her lips
to kiss your cheek."

"But Mommy, why does her neck have that tube?"

"Because it helps her to breathe more like me and you."

"But Mommy, why does she not eat like me?"

"She does eat like you, just differently.
Like you, her food goes in her tummy
through a tube
but it's quite yummy!"

"But Mommy, why can't she stand?"

"Because she's still learning how,
come hold her hand
and help her to know
that you're right there
so that when she can stand
you can go anywhere."

"But Mommy, why is she so small?"

"Well that's just how God makes us all,
some tall and some small
and some without tubes
and some of us with,
but each of us all are a special gift
formed in His image,
each day in His book.
She's really not that different
if you take a closer look.
Because God made you and God made me.
He made the stars
and He made the moon
and He made me
and He made you.
He made us each as He wanted us to be,
when God made you and God made me."

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a potential children's book. Just need a little time for some photo art illustrations. make a shuterfly hard cover I'll help you with formatting a proposal and it will be good to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came to mind so fast this morning that I wrote it in about five minutes. I really want to make it a children's book, but at a loss for illustration ideas. I can self-publish on Lulu.com and sell there if I ever complete it. I'd love more info though on how do to a proposal for it in the future. And I'm still toying with book writing ideas...

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful <3. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete