Sunday, January 5, 2014

Press Into the Wave of this Trail: Lean On Him

When I think I'm going under
Part the waters flow
When I feel the waves around me
Calm the sea
When I cry for help
O hear me Lord
And hold out your hand
Touch my life
Still the raging storm in me

In an email today from a sweet friend, she told me to "Press into the wave of this trial, friend." I first thought of the song above by Selah, and then thought of Jesus walking on the water {Matthew 14:22-36}. Jesus walks on water out to the boat the disciples are in, and they think they're seeing a ghost. Peter says, "Lord, if it's really you, tell me to come to you on the water." So Jesus says, "Come." Peter got out of the boat, but when the winds came up, he became afraid and began to sink, and cried out, "Lord, save me!" Immediately Jesus reached out His hand and caught him. "You of little faith, why did you doubt?"

I feel like Peter. I feel like I've had all the courage in the world to actually get out of the boat, and yet now, I feel as though waiting on the results, that I'm starting to doubt and sink. Not doubt God, just doubt in general that there's hope for Chloe...and yet I cannot, I CAN NOT let my mind go there. O me of little faith, why am I doubting???

Tomorrow we have our appointment with our new doctor. I'm encouraged. I'm scared. I'm hopeful. I'm terrified. And everything in between. 

"Lord, save me!"

We've had so much support, and read so many stories this week, even of friends, who have dealt with similar situations and the babies being ok at birth (two situations we heard of with fluid on lungs or in brain). This gives us hope. HOPE. 

Here's what one dear friend wrote me today: If there is anything you guys can praise God for right now it is HOPE. We don't know what the test results or future sonos will show, but we can certainly pray and HOPE in the Lord. 

The story in Matthew doesn't end there, with Peter being able to walk on water...
32 And when they got into the boat, sthe wind ceased. 33 Andvthose in the boat wworshiped him, saying, x“Truly you areythe Son of God.”
Jesus Heals the Sick in Gennesaret34 zAnd when they had crossed over, they came to land ataGennesaret. 35 And when the men of that place recognized him, they sent around to all that region and bbrought to him all who were sick 36 and implored him that they might only touch cthe fringe of his garment. And das many as touched it were made well.
I find it interesting that these two passages are right next to each other: the learning to trust next to the healing. I also find it comforting. 
Please keep us in prayer tomorrow, that our faith in Jesus would bring her healing, that even enough faith to reach out and touch the hem of His garment would be enough to heal our daughter. 






0 comments:

Post a Comment